Somerset Patriots Game

Friday, January 15, 2010

Guggenheim Trip Reflection

My first impression of the Guggenheim was that it stood out a lot in the crowded streets of New York and against the block like buildings. While walking through the museum i felt as if it was all one big floor. Also when walking down from the top, you gained the feeling that you were going to fall off if you looked over the edge of the wall. I felt that all the works from Kandinsky looked exactly the same just in different places. I felt that if they had more than one artist on display they would have varried the works up more and thus kept me interested more. Before we went on the trip i was expecting all these great works of art and wild exhibits, but when we got there all the works of art were from one person, so from the bat that decreased my interest and no, my expectations were not met. My favorite part of the trip was seeing the actual building, because we learned so much about FLW and how he constructed his buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing With Fire